Hi all! Happy Friday!
During the little one’s nap today (which is really tough because she’s totally cutting multiple teeth still!) I finished up these simple crochet rags. Really they can be washcloths, dish rags, cleaning cloths…etc. Any way you use ’em they are useful! I have been wanting to get rid of all my kitchen sponges (because they are disgusting) and switch to something more Eco-friendly, and these will do just fine!
They are a perfect and quick beginner project too! Or if you just need that “yay-i-finished-it” craft gratification, which I did because Nora’s blanket is taking what seems like forever! (More on that later).
I wanted something a little thicker than a single crochet so I used the half-double crochet stitch. Here is the quick pattern! Also here on Ravelry.
Crochet Multipurpose Cloths Pattern
- Yarn Used: Lily Sugar & Cream Solids (120 yards made 5 cloths!)
- Hook Size: 5.5 mm (suggested hook size from yarn is 5.0mm)
- Cloth size: 20 stitches long, 14 rows high
- Ch. 21, then HDC (Half Double Crochet) into the 2nd st from hook to start Row 1.
- Row 1: HDC across (20 HDC’s). Ch 1, turn.
- Repeat Row 1 13 more times!